The graduate student commons is a password-protected online space containing graduate program example documents and digital copies of graduate program forms.
All graduate students should have access to the the commons.
You do not need to use a VPN client to connect to the commons from off campus; however, you must use a PC with at least Windows XP or a Mac with at least OS 10.4.
We also recommend that you use Firefox when using the Commons.
If you have trouble connecting, please contact Libby Barna.
An Overview of Documents in the
Graduate Student Commons
- Examples of comprehensives synthesis statements
- Examples of dissertations proposals
- e-letterhead template
- IRB Protocol - Teaching Internship Example
- IRB Protocol Form 2011 (commented with instructions)
- Teaching Internship Approval Form
- Textbook order form and instructions
- Travel Affidavit (use when you do not have receipts)
- Travel Encumbrance form
- Graduate Student Printing Policy