The IATE Newsletter is the official publication of the Illinois Association
of Teachers of English, Inc. The newsletter is published twice each year by IATE
members and the NCTE Information Exchange. For more information, contact the
Email Claire Lamonica
Illinois State University
Campus Box 6370-CTLT
Normal, IL 61790-6370
Submission Guidelines for the IATE Newsletter
- Manuscripts should usually range in length from 500 to 2500 words (roughly two to ten typed, double-spaced pages). Query about longer manuscripts before you submit them.
- If possible, submit your article electronically in Rich Text Format (.rtf) as an email attachment.Alternatively, you may submit your article in hard copy (x3) to the editor's address (follow the link below). Follow current MLA style---including documentation of references and using internal citations wherever possible.
- Avoid lengthy notes and references
- Follow the NCTE guidelines for nonsexist use of language.
- Include a separate Title Page with the following information:
- title of submission
- author's name,
- author's professional affiliation,
- author's address, and
- author's telephone number
- Include a Cover Letter summarizing the article and stating that the work has neither been published nor submitted elsewhere
The editors will acknowledge receipt of your manuscript and may make
minor changes (for clarity, length, or language) in the manuscript without notifying